Cretin Homes works closely with the areas best engineers to insure your home is designed to meet today’s rigorous building codes.
International Building Code Compliant
A Cretin Home is designed to meet all specific local codes as they pertain to the International Building Code.
National Entergy Code Compliant
A Cretin Home is designed with all new energy code requirements such as: 13 seer (seasonal energy efficiency rating) HVAC, R-30 blown insulation in ceilings, R-13 bat insulation in walls, Low - E windows. Cretin Homes even does some extras to improve energy efficiency: installing a polyseal gasket under the bottom plate of exterior walls, polyfoaming all windows, doors, and penetrations at the tops of walls, all to prevent unwanted air infiltration.
Methods and Products
At Cretin Homes we try to use the best construction methods and highest quality products to ensure the longevity of our homes. A sample of some of the many construction methods and quality products:
3000 psi (pounds per square inch) concrete in our monolithic slabs
- 5/8” steel rebar in our foundations
- All foundations pre-treated for termites
- All walls framed 16’ on center
- All ceiling joists framed 16” on center
- All roof rafters framed 24” on center
- Electrical wire done to National Electric Code
- Hurricane tie towns on roof rafters
- Intergraded straps imbedded in the foundations to prevent high wind uplift
- Premium wipe able paint on the walls
- Aqua Glass Tubs and Showers
- Cordell Cabinets
- Acme Brick
- General Electric Appliances
- Delta Faucets
- Carrier Air/Heat Systems
- Atlas Dimensional 35 year Shingles
- Kwikset Door Knobs
- And many more………..
Cretin Homes reserves the right to substitute or change any product manufacturers if necessary.